Suffolk Kite Flyers

Kite Forum

Login | Register

Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Hank wrote:
Martin, I am a member of a club, Not a display team. I fly when I want to not when I am required to.

absolutly right ..people will come if they want to come just like the weekenders are attended by those who wish to ,.

Top Top

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Committee
Martin wrote:
This was the biggest flying area of the year, very big. The wind was up and down as were the kites. One minute they flying well then the wind dropped and the kites got twisted together, great pity as it was a ideal area.
Lyn and Mike had a slow start in the workshop but later in the afternoon things picked up. Approx 5 pm the kids kites were judged and about 20 turned up, prizes were awarded to the top 3 designs.
Plenty for the children do around the farm. Plus other attractions including live band etc
Thanks once again to ALL who helped.
Sorry but I have to say again no power kiters, not happy as we are raising money for our club.
At the end of the day despite the wind problem we all enjoyed the day and venue

Martin,
We have new members that probably haven't a clue what external events are about, reach out and advertise the positive points. (For me I love doing tandem buggy rides, but in reality the only place to do these at is Rougham or an equivalent space - as we did for the young famers.)

A follow up news item with a few photos would help to show what is being missed. These could then be added to the forum, web and newsletter.

Thanks, Tim.

Top Top

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Also some of the newer members (I know that I'm not the only one) don't have membership cards so can't attend these external events.

Top Top