Suffolk Kite Flyers

Kite Forum

Login | Register

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Hi every one Matt spooner here looking for some help myself & have a 14 year old son also interested we own a slingshot and I've treated myself to a 3.3 sting and land bored want to learn more before I go strapping wheels to my feet wondering if any one out there near to Sudbury Acton could give me a few pointers and where to fly and learn any help from anyone be great to here from ya

Top Top

Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 pm

I've not been around long but the club home flying site is Rougham Airfield, it looks like it's about a 30-40minute drive or so from where you are (if I used google maps correctly).

I do believe there are some qualified kiting instructors in the club, I don't know what the policy is for newbies but I'm certain if you wanted lessons they'll be available in some form.

Me being there is reliant on lifts but I'd be glad to help you out with pointers and such if we're there at the same time.

Top Top

Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Many thanks for your answer mate will drive over next weekend Suss it out thanks again,

Top Top

Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:04 pm

come on sunday it looks as though there will be plenty of people to show you how difficult it all really is....only kidding, should be a good day out..mike

Top Top

Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Committee
We have one qualified instructor, obee Dave. But we'll all give u a hand.

1st fly free ;) though membership is a bargain.

Top Top

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:21 pm

We all have certain skills some in the buggy some out :lol:
Everyone will lend a hand and advice
Come and see us you will love it

Last edited by ANDY KING on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top Top

Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Well been to edge riders in Ipswich today the lads there were good on some advice came out with new flexifoil extreme control bar and thanks to the chaps there im all conected and set up ready ,didn't fancy them funny looking handles on the 3.3 sting after using bar on the sling shot.rushed home full intention of trying it out got over my local aerodrome with my son even the little sling shot was dragging us both around so left the new one in the boot to be honest i was too scared .........until I've been up to see all you guys didn't fancy learning the hard way in pain ,Thanks for making us seam so welcome hope to see you tomorrow,

Top Top

Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:07 pm

We all learn the painful way, it's the only way! You're not doing it right unless you get covered in mud! :)

Top Top

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks everyone for your help Sunday and making us feel so welcome myself and kids loved it .we have now joined and hope to see you again soon

Top Top

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:43 am

Committee
Glad you enjoyed it and welcome. Sorry did get over to last Sunday.

This next weekend will probably be a bit quiet with a load of us helping at Suffolk Scout/Guide Moot at Bentwaters.

Top Top