Suffolk Kite Flyers

Kite Forum

Login | Register

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:26 pm

We are still waiting confirmation from somebody as to how much area has to be kept clear for the flight school. I guess we also need to know where and how much room the clay shooting need. All these factors will determine where we can safely camp and park our cars along with where we can layout our kites and park our buggies when we are not actually flying them.

Top Top

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Committee
Ok so after a long phone call with the flying school (pat a very nice lady who was very understanding of our feeling and thinking the same about the way re have done things )

We will not be camping it parking car on the flying school side any more so we now have to use the bottom or other side of field. I am still waiting for some more info on other stuff but I am happy to say I am not happy but as we are the small fish in a very big pond we are going to have to deal with it for the time being as Melvin is still on holiday do I have not spoke to re yet (but I will be)

Top Top

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Committee
Thanks Mick. Appreciate it.

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks for that Mick . But I can't really see how we can use either of the sides you mention safely. The bottom edge is where the clay shoot takes place, can't see the model aircraft boys wanting people shooting into their flying area, the far side of our flying area is actually the emergency run way so we cannot camp or park there. To camp a safe distance away from the runway we would have to cut into our own flying area and set up in the middle of the field. We can't go at the top of our area as I am guessing that's how the plane needs to access the runways. Unless someone can show otherwise I believe we have been well and truely shafted.

Top Top

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks Mick, very much appreciate you are doing your best to deal with a difficult situation! I hate to be pessimistic but like others we are feeling very frustrated by what is happening at Rougham. Obviously the only option available to us is too make the best of a bad job & work with the other users as best as possible but can't help thinking we are slowly going to lose Rougham as a suitable flying site! RE are only interested in making maximum money with minimum effort & we are 'small fish'! Also disappointed about the prospect of having to move our camping area especially as we are now looking at it from the point of view of having a little one to look after, can't think of any other area as suitable as we have been using. Feeling very disappointed :-(

Top Top

Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:49 pm

I have been looking at the map of our flying area and if we can get the clay shooters to shoot elsewhere we could possibly camp on the bottom edge starting just after the flo riders and up to just after the tree line before the runway.

Top Top

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Committee
Andy yes that right these is no emergency runway anymore so can camp right up to the field if we need to but if we leave a road way behind the camp I can't see y we can't camp along the whole of the bottom of the field I will have a word with lee @ flow riders and see what he thinks to I have only seen a hovercraft come over once and with a road way it should be safe enough. We will still be near the loo to then

Top Top

Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Good stuff Mick

Top Top

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:05 pm

We will all need to know asap where exactly we can camp Mick lovey x Especially whoever gets there first n more so if some havent heard what has happened x

Top Top

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:10 pm

That sounds good Mick. To be honest tho its not flow riders I was worried about it was more the clay pigeon shooting. We don't really want them setting up anywhere near our camp or shooting into our flying zone. My thoughts was if and I guess its a big if they could set up the clay shoot in the area after the model flyers they could then shoot over the corn field behind the hedge row . Just a thought that's all.

Top Top