Suffolk Kite Flyers

Kite Forum

Login | Register

Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi all,
Ok what size Wichard quick release snap shackle?/ pulley? / D-ring?/ carabiner? /handle strop lengths are you using? Looking at a harness set up for control handles. I have a mystic star seat harness for kite surfing but may consider another harness for land based kiting any input gratefully received.

Cheers for now

Mick

Top Top

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Committee
The wichard quick release size doesn't really matter and as for the strop you can adjust the length to suit you as long as you can reach the other handle when flying one handed.

Hope that help

Cheers mick

Top Top

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Thanks Mick guess I need to pay attention to some of the other members harnesses when I get up to rougham next time.

Mick

Top Top

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:57 pm

Committee
Yeah like I said yesterday is easier to see it then trying to tell you here. If you look on our Facebook page I just put some pick up and you can see what I mine look at Simons and micks flying and Simons is a lot nearer to his body the micks two different set ups but we all fly Simons way

Top Top

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Committee
i tried the witchard etc but found with my short arms it was a stretch at times, i got one of these http://www.bboriginals.co.uk/Quick-Release.html cut the cloth part off eventually and used a small loop to connect it to my spreader bar. works for me. :)

Top Top

Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:57 am

Thanks Jamie that's cheaper than the wichard snap shackle by a long way

Top Top

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Committee
jamieb158 wrote:
i tried the witchard etc but found with my short arms it was a stretch at times, i got one of these http://www.bboriginals.co.uk/Quick-Release.html cut the cloth part off eventually and used a small loop to connect it to my spreader bar. works for me. :)

I guess you can't safely use a pulley with it? so it may cost you a strop or 2 over time but nice idea, oh it can't twist either, but guess you'll survive.

Happy for you to try mine set up out next time I'm up. I would say my Wichard is a bit on the big side so now I use a small pulley to compensate, else it all gets too far away.

Top Top

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:12 am

Committee
Yeah, there is a Downside of that, the strop runs through fine and haven't worn one yet but I can't twist my handles so have to unhook if I need to,

Top Top

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Thanks Tim/Jamie next time I get a chance I'll pop up if you are both up there I will have a look at your set ups, oh and I now have a buggy picked it today flexifoil only used 3 time £150 happy chappy I am.

Top Top