Suffolk Kite Flyers

Kite Forum

Login | Register

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:45 am

Hi All,

Hope your all well, ok so I'm looking on youtube and its videos on kite buggying that I'm watching and I came across some vids from a guy using the NASA Star 2 and 3 these seem to give a lot of bang for buck being a single skin kite.

Anyone out there had any expierence with these kites they seem to pull real well and super stable from what I've seen can be configured as a 2 line 3 line or 4 line.

Cheers for now

Mick

Top Top

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Only ever flown the older NASA power wings (NPW5's (they also used to make a higher aspect NPW9))
Size for size against a foil you'll be hard pushed to beat the power from a NASA wing.
Fairly easy to fly with only a small amount of input, over do the control and it'll fold up on you. Then power up and have you on your arse quick as..... Good fun ;)

In a buggy, flown well, you'll get a fair amount of speed but the old NPW5's tended to tuck in on the leading edge the faster you went if you weren't careful.

Not the best at getting up wind, but it could be done with practice.

Used to find we got the best out of them on four lines with handles.

Good kites for the money and something a little different to fly when the mood takes you.

Top Top
  Profile YIM

Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:55 am

Hi PHL172,

Thanks for your reply to my question i may buy a small Nasa 3 just to have a play around with it see where i get with it.

Cheers

Mick

Top Top

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:44 pm

Committee
Phil makes them sound easy! Need to keep a bit of brake on else they collapse, too much and they fly backwards... And very little up wind performance. Well that's my experience - but they were home made!

Enjoy!

Top Top