Suffolk Kite Flyers

Kite Forum

Login | Register

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Committee
Fri, 07/06/2013 (All day) - Sun, 09/06/2013 (All day)
Suffolk Kite Flyers will be celebrating its 20th birthday this year so we thought that requires some celebrations!

This weekend will be based on the legendary open weekenders that we run throughout the summer but bigger, better and whole lot more fun!

We are please to announce that the 2nd round of the BKSA Freestyle Championships will be held at the weekend which will bring the top Freestyle Power Kiters from the UK and all over Europe to Rougham Airfield!

http://www.skfc.co.uk/Rougham-Airfield

We are also going to be having live music on the Saturday evening along with some fantastic pyrotechnics to really celebrate our 20th Birthday! (TBC)

A bar and marquee will be onsite all weekend for liquid refreshments. We will also be doing a big pot of Chilli or similar in the evenings and will have a BBQ lit for anyone to use (bring your own meat!).

This is going to be a great weekend for all of the family and we welcome everyone to come along and celebrate with us.

Prices (Online payment available soon):
Camping only - £10 each
Camping with flying - £15 each
Camping (family) - £20 (2 x adults, 3 x kids)

SKF members get a 50% discount - Join here http://www.skfc.co.uk/join

We will offer competitors that have entered a Camping only charge of £10 for the weekend, if they turn up with family it will be the normal charge of £20
Camping will be from Friday to Sunday.

BKSA Competiton Entry - http://www.britishkitesurfingassociatio ... -land.html

-----
Any traction kiters are required wear a helmet at all times
All kite flyers are required to have 3rd party liability insurance (http://www.skfc.co.uk/Kite-Flying-Insurance)

Suffolk Kite Flyers Club or its Committee members accepts no responsibilty for all unknown, unforeseen, unanticipated and unsuspected injuries, damages, loss and liability and the consequences thereof, as well as those now disclosed and known to exist. The provisions of any state, federal, local or territorial law or state providing substance that releases shall not extend to claims, demands, injuries, or damages which are known or unsuspected to exist at this time, to the person executing such release, are hereby expressly waived.

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:39 am

Committee
Hank, the insurance page needs an update after Jamie renewed the insurance :) - I could do it if you don't mind/prefer?

Suffolk Kite Flyers recommends (and will soon require) all members to purchase 3rd party liabilty insurance to cover them so I thought I would pull together some infomation on who can provide this insurance for kite flyers and what they currently offer.

Thereafter you can delete this post ;-) Ta.

ALL DONE - If that looks OK?

Top Top

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:18 pm

do skf have to pay for the weekender aswell ???

Top Top

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Committee
"SKF members get a 50% discount "
It's look that way, but look what you get! Food, fireworks n band for 10 quid or less. You may even get to see the current freestyle buggy champ do his thing :)

Id say that's a bargain... Not that membership is expensive any how.

Well done hank for getting all this sorted!

Top Top

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:06 pm

so if i bring my brother whom can camp with me as a family camping (2 adults x3 kids)
and flying how much would that be for us both as im a member ??

Top Top

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

i work that to £15 for the both of us as we are paying the family weekend camping/flying minus my 50% discount even cheaper cool

Top Top

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Committee
Lol I like your maths, you better ask the bloke with the bat!!!

Top Top

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Committee
Tim, feel free to update it mate, I am kinda running short of free time at the moment :)

Wayne, family membership can consist of 2 adults and 3 children from the same household... the camping tariff works the same way.

Unfortunately we will be asking for members to pay to attend as it is going to cost for us to hold this event. However of course if we make any money out of the event it will be going back into the kitty for other cool weekenders and projects like a club house!

Top Top
  Profile WWW

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Committee
Wayne your bother is not a member so i am afraid he will have to pay £15 but you only have to pay £7.50 for a top weekend

Top Top

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm

just wondered coz i couldnt find anything in the family camping package that we had to live together or in the membership small print to say about the same household ;-)

Top Top